ES - Children at events

Erin james.crocker at verizon.net
Sun Feb 18 19:57:45 PST 2001

Greetings!

I have a question.  What can be done with the younger children?  I have yet to
attend any events here.  I am from Bryn Gwlad.  Also, I have not attended any
events since the birht of my now two-year-old.  I am also expecting one in May.
What may I do with the two-year-old?  She will be 3 in June.  Are there any
activities for toddlers?  If not, I would be willing to create some.  It is such
a pitty that there is not more for them to do.  I was told that any child under
3 had to be accompanied by a parent.  Well, what is the use of even bring the
child?  Mine would get bored silly staying with mom and dad would be trying to
fight.  I would like to see a garb making clas for toddlers.  Mine helps me like
crazy.  There could also be puppet shows or story time.  Is there anyone out
there who can help?  As it is, I have to leave my child with sitters.  I don't
think it is fair for her to miss out on events because there is nothing for her
to do.  Now, mind, I am not looking for a "sitter".  I am looking for a
"mini-event", if you will.  I want her to have fun and enjoy the SCA as I have.
I want her to know that it isn't just sitting there with mommy and being bored
silly.  She loves to get into things.  I can't enjoy an event if I know that she
is miserable.  Can anyone give me some ideas on what to do with her besides
leaving her with Grandma?

In Service,

Cait