ES - Children at events

Erin james.crocker at verizon.net
Sun Feb 18 20:05:04 PST 2001

>     I can understand leaving your kids for a few hours with the MoC,
> but all too often it is expected to be an all-day babysitting
> service. My two cents,Cyniric hlafard Cyniwarding

I agree.  I think something should be done.  I have a two-year-old and
one on the way.  I have not been to any events with my child, but I have
heard so many stories like your own.  What if there is a MoC but it is
handled in a different way.  Each child is given a token or some thing
that will match what the parent has.  Then, at a certain time, a hearld
announces that the MoC will be closing at such and such time.  If the
children are not picked up, the parents will be found.  If there is a
continuous problem with certain parents, then they can be asked not to
bring their children to future events.
Would this work, or am I just too idealistic?

Cait