ES - Children at events

Annette Brauer mabrauer at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 19 09:19:50 PST 2001

I have to put my 2 cents worth in here.

It is not just the MOC that is taken advantage of.  My daughter is generally
paid to babysit two children when she attends events.  She normally winds up
with 10.  All of the kids seem to gravitate to her, but she is rarely asked
by the parents if she will watch them. I have found that in some instances
the parents do not know where their children are, and when they do find
them, Amber rarely gets a thank you for watching over them.

This is very frustrating for her.  She doesn't get to enjoy the event, no
private time, and rarely gets to visit with friends because from the time
she gets up until the time she goes to bed she has all these children to
watch.  She is to the point where she does not want to attend because of
this.

Parents please be more considerate of the teens on site. Don't assume that
they will watch your children.  And if they do pay them, say thank you, but
acknowledge that they did you a favor.

My 2 cents

Ldy Mary Elizabeth