ES - Authorization

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Tue Feb 20 12:14:30 PST 2001

On page 5 of the Kingdom Marshal's handbook on the www.ansteorra.org website (under law), it states

No one under the age of eighteen (18) years will be allowed to be a participant in any SCA Adult Combat Activity within the Kingdom of Ansteorra. Minor Youth ages 14-17 may participate in Adult Combat Related Activities such as Waterbearing and Heralding. Minor Youth ages 6-15 can participate in Youth Boffer Combat. Minor Youth ages 12-17 may participate in Youth Rapier Combat. Minor Youth ages 16-17 may participate in Youth Chivalric Combat.

The handbook is part of Kingdom Law by inclusion. So this is part of our law. The earliest a child can have an authorization card appears to be 6 years. Waterbearers who enter an active (including one on hold) field must be at least 14 in our kingdom.

In Service,
Caelin