ES - Hospitaller stuff

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at home.com
Wed Feb 28 15:01:26 PST 2001

Her Excellency Dana once told me they do a thing in Loch Ruadh.  For newer
folks they have a hospitaler's chest all with donated items.  When a person
who is new comes in they pick out something to wear and pick out donated
feast gear also.  Then they are told it's a gift.  And to asked to give back
to the hospitalers chest when they are ready to.  She says that actually
most of the stuff makes it back and is also added to because they are so
impressed with the gift that they return the items or replace it.

I'm sure Dana or someone else in Loch Ruadh will correct me if I'm wrong

The t-tunic gift is a neat idea too. I know (by example from Willim and
Rebekah) to keep an extra set of feast gear with me to help with anyone new.
That way, there is no shortage of gear to accomodate newbies.