ES - Fw: Gas prices??????

David Knebel herault2 at home.com
Mon Feb 5 12:36:13 PST 2001

Eric, check this out.

    D.

Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 11:44 AM
Subject: Fw: Gas prices??????

-
This makes more sense than the "don't buy gas on a certain day"
routine that was going around this past spring..

Gasoline Prices
(Whoever started this has a good point).

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.49 is
cheap. Me too! As it is now $1.58 for regular unleaded.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned
us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at less than $1.50,
we
need to try an aggressive response.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers
need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas
come
down is if we don't buy it. But, that's not really a practical option
since
we all have come to rely on our cars. But we CAN have an impact on gas
prices if we all act together.

Here's the idea -

For the rest of this year, don't purchase gasoline from the two
biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not
selling, they should be inclined to reduce their prices -- and if they
reduce their prices the other companies will too. But to have an impact,
we need to reach literally millions of users. But it's doable!

I am sending this note to 42 people. If each of you send it to at
least 10 more ...and those 10 send it to at least 10 more .. and so on
by
the time the message reaches the sixth iteration we will have reached
over
one million consumers. Acting together we can make a difference. If
this makes sense to you, please pass this message on, or one you
compose, to at least 10 more E-mail addresses.