ES - The Lion in Winter - Tonight in Granbury

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Fri Feb 16 13:05:33 PST 2001

OK!  Some of us are going to the Granbury Opera House
tonight to see their production of the stage version of
James Golden's _The Lion in Winter_, about King Henry
II and his wife, Eleanor of Acquitaine, their sons
Richard (Lionheart), Geoffrey, John, and their
opponent, Phillip II of France.  It's a comedy, or it's
a drama, depending on how it's played.

Showtime is 8:00 pm, arrival by 7:30 is encouraged.
Some are gathering at my place for a 7:00 departure.

Tickets are $18.00, dress is mundane (I'll be wearing a
suit -- that might be worth $18 itself!).  I checked,
they have plenty of seats available for tonight's
performance.  It's on the beautiful historic square in
Granbury, down 377 south from Fort Worth; it's just
south across the street from the courthouse.  I doubt
small children would enjoy it, but there's little
objectionable for children in the show.

Anyone's welcome to meet up at my place to caravan, or
to meet us there!

- Galen