ES - Sources for books

Susan Brockington susanb at unt.edu
Tue Feb 20 13:52:38 PST 2001

Here are 2 books I thought some of you might be interested in:

"Medieval Rural Life in the Luttrell Psalter" by Janet Backhouse

"Medieval Warfare in Illuminated Manuscripts" by Pamela Porter

I ordered, and have just received, my copy of "Medieval Warefare in
Illuminated Manuscripts" by Pamela Porter.  It's a nice, brief
introduction to fighting in the middle ages as portrayed in
illuminated manuscripts.  There were lots and lots of nice pretty
pictures (along with the references).  It's 64 pages and has 45 color
pictures.  I paid $19.95 for my copy from Amazon.com.

And here's a link for more of the same type of books:
http://www.utpress.utoronto.ca/publishing/index.html

Just thought I would pass this along.  Happy reading.

Lavina