ES - Children in the SCA

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at home.com
Tue Feb 20 18:13:24 PST 2001

Hi this is Ashley and Lauren, we belong to Fearghus McKenna.
    We have been paged to Xene and Galen of Bristol.  Ashley has been
recruited to baby-sit by numerous people to baby-sit their kids. Ashley
enjoyed taking care of the kids in general because the young ones are very
sweet and she has never had a real problem with any of them.  I have never
really thought about what I like and dislike about it but for the most part
it was all really great.  I built a reputation for being a reliable
babysitter.  Lauren doesn't remember exactly because it was a really long
time ago.  Lauren says she would not be interested in being paged to someone
again because she didn't enjoy it.She says it was really boring to her.
Ashley has not really been active because of the school marching band and
all of her school work.  She would love to baby-sit but she doesn't have the
time.  Mostly we help out in Children's Activities.  Lauren and I have also
water bared and we did not enjoy it much. We did not like the heat. We
really enjoyed the Children's Activities.  I really don't think that we
would be interested in a Page School.  Ashley thinks that it would be rather
boring and if you are not constantly active then it would be knowledge that
would be stored up in a brain that would eventually forget the knowledge.
These are our ideas for things that could be done for the teens in the SCA
so that they stay interested longer.

1. Have lower level scribe classes so that teens could gradually work their
way up to a higher level.
2. More children tourneys.
3. Think of more incentives toward working at events, more than the Rising
Star.
4. Have different ways for the teens to help with the organizing the events
example day events : have a lower level autocrat filled by a teen