ES - AOA, etc

Susan Carol Tribble susant at unt.edu
Mon Feb 5 14:06:38 PST 2001

Cyniric:

In my opinion, you just said exactly why you deserved an AoA.  You helped
us with research; you have actually been able to find documentation
on things that others haven't been able to document.

You helped the Canton of Glaslyn many, many times by being there to help
set up stuff, help take down stuff.

Your knowledge in persona and persona development have helped many in our
Canton.  This has helped many in the Canton develop and grow in the SCA;
making their SCA dream a little more meaningful.

The list goes on and on.  Don't downplay yourself.  Many feel you are
well-deserving of that title.

Just my .3 cents worth.

Lady Lavina del Bakhous
Minister of Arts and Sciences, Canton of Glaslyn

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Richard Culver wrote:

> As to, AoA's, sometimes it is just a matter of your character, not just
> deeds or amazing feats though those rarely go unnoticed.  I recently was
> awarded one and it still baffles me as to why at this point.  My folk up
> here apparently have a lower expectation than I do of what it means to be a
> lord though I appreciate their faith in me as a person.  Did I do some great
> thing? No.  I am just Cyniric.  Did I make some great display of craft? No.
> I just found books for people.  Did I perform some great service?  Nope. I
> became herald because the group needed it and for no other reason (yes
> Nicolette I know I am late <G>).
>     Apparently though my friendship helped Glaslyn <and thus
> Ansteorralandrice> and I cherish that friendship.  That is the greatest
> award I think this Society should strive for-- one another's respect and
> friendship which we can all share.
>
> Godspeed,
> Cyniric hlafard Cyniwarding

***ladylavina at email.com***