ES - Children at events (LONG POST)

S. McFarlane tanwyn at flash.net
Mon Feb 19 17:37:18 PST 2001

> How about 1 step further? If you put your child into CA, then you must
> volunteer an hour of your time? Has this ever been done? I like the idea
of
> the adult per child ratio. They do this in day cares (it's state law), but
> it does help quite a bit.
>
> <Snip>

This is something I tried a few years back, and It didn't go over very well.
I did have alot of parents help out .. some even sent someone in their
place, but over all it was a big struggle to enforce,  and went by the way
of the wind after awhile. That's when the older children started doing
things like story time, or scavenger hunt, craft time, ... that was a big
help.
There is one parent I will always remember, it was her first event in years
and her first to bring her 2-3 yr old too. When she came to help me out for
a bit with the children she gifted me with a lovely Hematite necklace(I
still Have). I thought that was the nicest thing. I wish I knew her name.
Any way yes that has been tried.
Tanwyn~