ES - Shooting the Duck....

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 20 12:35:15 PST 2001

>Ok, I know I'm going to get blasted for this...

No, you are not going to get "blasted"...

>I hate being told that I can't do something before I have been given a
>chance to do something.

I don't recall seeing "You can't do that" in anyone's post.

>When I posted that I was currently in the stages of getting approval >for
>the park as the site. I was hit immediately with a
>dozen or more e-mails (public ones and some very nasty private ones)
>stating that there was no way we could hold the archery at the park.

Well, aren't you glad to be able to say "I told you so"?  :) I certainly am.
  I had forgotten that lovely site, and since we have opened communications
with them, I hope we will be able to use it in the future.  (But hopefully
not in February - brrrrr). :)

>Now we are discussing what to do with children in general. Everytime, >we
>post something that is a really good idea and warrants looking
>into....The duck gets shot.

I don't think that's the case (at least on the public forum).  We are trying
to advise you of what has been done (successfully and unsuccessfully) in the
past.  I think a page school could be a lovely idea.  However, I think that
such a thing might very well have similar problems to Children's Activities.
  But I don't have any experience in running such things, I only have
observations.  I think it would be wonderful if you (and other hardworking
people) could put together a way to keep children occupied and interested in
their parent's hobby.  I don't doubt you could do the job.

>If you have a problem with the discussion, that's fine.

True, constructive criticism would be more welcome.  I hope we can all
remember that it is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

Arrividerci,
Alessandra