ES - Page/Mentor Program

Susan Carol Tribble susant at unt.edu
Fri Feb 23 07:16:56 PST 2001

I would like to point out, along the same lines that HL Darius spoke of,
there is a system already set up in the Kingdom where the children earn
can merit badges (like in Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts).  I don't remember
how many badges there are, but there were quite a few.

Basically, the kids take a class in a certain area, then earn a "badge".
The insignia, rules and regulations for earning a badge are
already in place and set up by the Kingdom.  Everything is (or at least in
the copy of the MCO handbook I have - which is 3 years old) lined out in
the MOC handbook.

If I remember correctly, you must announce (I think) a month in advance
that "there will be a badge earning class at XYZ Event, on so and so date,
etc. etc.  And if I remember correctly, someone knowledgeable in the area
must teach the class.

I have all of this information if anyone is interested in exploring this
further.

Lavina
(HL Tanwyn's Deputy MOC)

***ladylavina at email.com***