ES - alternative tent/bed warmers

grrhine at swbell.net grrhine at swbell.net
Wed Feb 28 09:05:24 PST 2001

Two more words: feather bed!

	This isn't the most inexpensive solution, but using feather bed
under you, then a feather/down comforter over you will keep you
snug. Keep your eyes open at yard sales and thrift stores, then
have them dry cleaned. Also Cheaper than Dirt has wool army
blankets for as low as $10.00. Their not pretty, but they work well.

	 Llew and I use a bed with a layer of egg crate foam, then a
feather bed, and usually use another feather bed for cover. In the
coldest weather we have to kick covers off.  We don't get cold,
even if we just put the bedding on the ground. This year I'm
changing to a down comforter for cover... it should be enough, but I
have wool blankets just in case.

~Afan~