ANST-Announce - Mini Siege Engines at Spring Faire

neil starkey raimonddemora at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 12 20:37:34 PST 2001

Greetings Ansteorra,

I have had several ask me for the rules to the Mini-Siege Engine Competition
at Elfsea Spring Faire.  For some reason I have been having problems with
messages getting out of my computer.  To save time and frustrations, I will
now post the rules for this Competition.

The Engine should fit into an 18" cube (18" tall X 18" wide X 18" long).
These are mostly guidelines.  If the Engine is a little bit larger, it will
probably be accept.
The arm, if building a trebuchet or catapult may extend beyond the 18" but
must still be porportionate to the rest of the Engine.
The projectile for trebuchet or catapults will be a golf ball.
The projectile for ballistas must be provided and porportionate to the
weapon.
The Engine will be judged on distance and accuracy.
Please use period designs, as this is a Middle Ages Reenactment
organization.

If you have further questions, please feel free to respond and your
questions will be answered in the order they were recieved.

Thank You for all who have expressed interest.
Raimond