ES - AOA, etc

Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Mon Feb 5 09:44:35 PST 2001

Our favorite Dunstan wrote:

> Don't play the game for the rewards. If you have fun, help when and
> where you can, make good friends, they will come. Some quickly, some
> not so. I don't play this game for the awards. I play it for the fun
> I have and camaraderie I receive from my many friends I have made
> here. Do not be discouraged by a lack of awards (recognition) Your
> friends will know you and what you have done, and that is infinitely
> more valuable than a title, (in my humble opinion)"

It's hard to really describe to anyone "how" to get awards. Dunstan's is
one of my favorite descriptions, but here is my attempt:

Here's I got my awards:

1. Be good
2. Play hard
3. Have so much fun that you forget about awards completely.
4. Wonder why they just called your name in court.

The other side of that is how to give awards:

1. Notice someone being good.
2. Notice someone playing hard.
3. Notice someone having fun.
4. Recommend them for an award.