ES - No eye surgery today

Christine Huse maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:11:29 PST 2001

Well, now! That's just down right frustrating!! I'm frustrated from just
reading your post!

Sorry to hear about that Xene. Well, you can look on the brightside...
You can drive yourself to the shopping district tomorrow. ;-)

Sorry, just had to find a sun spot in your bad news.

Maria

--------
Greetings from Xene,

For those who knew about it, I am *not* having eye surgery today at American
Laser Vision in Ft. Worth on Bryant-Irvin Rd.

The optometrist there, Dr. Dennings or Dr. Jennings (I'm not sure), couldn't
get a solid reading on the astigmatism in my right eye.  This is after
changing my appointment on Thursday to Wednesday, doing a regular eye exam,
a dilated eye exam, then having to come back (during the driving rain
yesterday) and having another eye exam.  He wouldn't clear me for surgery
and wants me to come back next week for yet another exam.

Being the questioning person that I am, I asked him Why he couldn't get the
same reading and he told me there was a learning curve to the exam and I was
just learning how to interpret it.  I asked him what difference coming back
a week later would make and he didn't really have an answer for that.

You know, I have been taking these eye exams for 30 years.  I think the
learning curve may not be  for me, but for him.

I spoke that night with my old optometrist, and he reinforced what I
thought.  I will be going back to my old optometrist who will do the
readings and send me to another Opthamologist.  I really wanted to get this
done before Gulf War, but (as Arabella pointed out to me) it won't be the
end of the world if I have to wait.

I just thought that you all might want to know.

Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers.

Xene