Pages -- Was --> ES - Children at events - another long one and the last from me...

housedragonstar housedragonstar at prodigy.net
Mon Feb 19 17:39:22 PST 2001

I suppose I don't understand the need for a formal program when this happens
anyway.  Most adults know where the kids are at.  They have either put them
at the MOC area, or they are watching them run hither and yon.  Most parents
would like to know something about the person they are going to entrust
their child to for a time, so those fostering relationships develop
naturally.  If someone wants to take a page, there is no lack of opportunity
to seek out parents of youngsters who would love a break or another
influence in their childrens' lives.  The most important part of a fostering
is the relationship between the parents and the adult taking on a page.  If
that is not in place, fostering rarely works.

Please don't take this as me being argumentative or negative.  It is just
that in my mundance experience, I have seen "programs" start up and fail
simply because there was no need for them in the first place.

We have wonderful peers in this barony, we have a baron who leads by
example, and we have an abundance of talented fighters, artists, and service
types.

The only thing standing in the way of them taking a page is their desire to
do so.  But these relationships develop over time if they are to be lasting
and successful, and the first friendships must be with the parents and the
person taking the page.

There, I've said my piece.  Not often do I get on my soapbox online, but
this matter is near and dear to my heart.

Also, I agree with her Excellency's post.  Well said!

Medb Liath