ES - Hospitaller stuff

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Wed Feb 28 11:08:30 PST 2001

Maria, Terric, I'm seeing a lot of interest in your
line of work these days.  What wonderful things do you
two suppose could be accomplished between now and, oh,
the Scottish Festival (for which we still need an
organizer), with such talented and energetic people to
help?  Enthusiasm is a terrible thing to waste.

- Galen Elfsea

Quoting Terri Head <Terri at pandora.org>:

> (Violet now steps up on the soap box)
> I totally agree! As a newbie, I have only been able
to get info about
> upcomming events by asking friends who are already in
the SCA (that is, if
> they were available to ask, and it wasn't too late to
do the next event).
> It is difficult to know where to go, who to speak to
etc. I can't even
> imagine what it would be like to try to join, and not
know a soul! I just
> recently got on the email list (thank God) and am
able to keep up more, but
> I think a handbook would be great.
>      What would be nice, is for it to have a mini
dictionary in it WITH
> ILLUSTRATION (which, I might add, I'd be willing to
illustrate, providing
> you give me the term AND what it is- since I'm new
too) so that people will
> be able to see not only what the whooey others are
talking about, but will
> give them an idea what things they might want to
pursue. (Violet exits the

--------
> From: The Crocker Family <james.crocker at verizon.net>
> Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:02:35 -0600
>
> >Greetings!
> >
> >The main reason I wanted to this was for newcomers -
not neccessarily
> those at the
> >NTIF.  I am new to Elfsea and I have received
nothing.  I was out of the
> SCA for almost
> >5 years.  I am not a dues paying member as of yet (I
have lacked the
> funds).  I did not
> >receive anything with any info on it, nor has any
other new member to Loch
> Ruadh.  So, I
> >thought that I would make up a Newcomer's Handbook
to give out.  I put all
> the info in
> >it that I wanted to see.  I did not even have the
internet until recently.
>  What do we
> >do about newbies that don't have the internet and
haven't gotten that
> first Blackstar?
> >Maybe I could be given one of those flyers?  I even
padi for the
> newsletter of Loch
> >Ruadh and haven't gotten it yet either.  I am
thinking of just going to
> the Baronial
> >Meetings.  It is just that I live so far outside the
barony that it is
> rather
> >inconvenient.  How do I go about getting the Elfsea
newsletter?  I will
> try to get in
> >contact with the Chronicler of Elfsea.  Granted, I
am not complaining
> about Loch Ruadh
> >at all.  I love you guys very much.  Padraig and
Terric have been
> wonderful.  It is just
> >that I see a need and I attend to it.  I will be
checking with our