ES - "Meanwhile Back at the Ranch" Demo - April 21

Lisa Le Chatton llechatton at home.com
Tue Feb 13 21:18:19 PST 2001

Location: Ansteorra Central Region, Cleburne, 60 miles southeast of Fort
Worth
Date: April 21, 2001 (Location is Open Friday 20 to Sunday 22)
Host: Kim & Ted Reeves, The Six-O-Ranch
Ride Manager: Becky Huffman
Sanctioning Organizations: American Endurance Ride Conference, Texas
Endurance Riders Assoc.
Event: Meanwhile Back at the Ranch an Endurance ride where the competition
is either 15, 25, or 50 miles, held at Six-O Ranch. The ranch is 1700 acres
with a wide variety of terrain..

Directions From DFW: From Hwy 35W take Hwy 67 South past Cleburne.
Immediantly past the City of Cleburne, turn left on Park Road 21. The Park
Road turns and runs into the Park - do not go in the State Park.  Continue
on what is now Hwy 1434. You haven't turned, the road has changed names. You
will drive past the State Park and a Lime Quarry. Aprox 1/2 mile past the
Quarry, turn right on Hwy 200.  The Ranch is on Hwy 200, aprox 3 miles from
the turn.  They have a white pipe entrance with an overhead that says "Six-O
Ranch".  You should be seeing signs from Hwy 67 that say "AERC".
_______
Hi everyone,

I am asking that people contact me if they have an interest in participating
in this demo. Right now I especially need a commitment from Marshals. Becky
is a new rider in the SCA. She hosts this ride every year. She asked if we
wanted to do a demo at her endurance competition for folks in camp.

There will be no site fee for demo participants.

There will be a $10 trail fee for the weekend for those wanting to ride or
hike the trails.  Trails will be
limited to specific areas (aprox 200 acres) on Friday and closed to
non-competitors on Saturday until most of the riders are finished. All
trails will be open on Sunday for pleasure riding.  There are three trails
on the ranch, two ten mile loops and a 15 mile loop. You can ride off the
trails if you are brave and have a good sense of direction <G>.

They have an arena type fenced area, but I doubt we will be able to use it,
also, it is basically out of the area where people will be.  Becky will have
portapotties, and they have water hoses, otherwise, it is a primitive camp.
Garbage will need to be packed out, manure scattered, but not hauled out.

The cost Becky pays to the ranch owner is $10 per person for the weekend for
the use of  the ranch. I belive the cost for non-members to particpate in
the competition works out to around $100.

Most people come in on Friday and lots of people ride a little Friday
evening. The people at this event will probably be totally unfamiliar with
the SCA, so please sport your favorite garb. This is an opportunity for all
the SCA, not just equestrians. I would love to see Archers, Artists,
Fighters, Bards, MOC, etc. I will have a little hospitality pavillion set up
as well as the equestrian games.

There is also an opportunity to do service as crew for the ride if you wish.
Volunteers are needed to test the equine’s vitals at the vet checks, as
trail spotters to make sure everyone is on course, and to mark the riders
times.

If you would like to participate please drop me an email or call at
(972)226-2665. I would like to get a feel for the interest in this demo
before we book the equestrian insurance or advertise our presence.

Good luck to everyone at Gulf Wars.

Aimee de Long Coeur
mka Lisa LeChatton.