ES - Getting ready for Gulf War

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Sun Feb 25 11:00:54 PST 2001

Lords and Ladies of Elfsea (and the Central Region)

I have 20 helms ready for you to strap and pad. We can strap
them in advance, but they must be padded for each individual.
We had a joint armor workshop at Sir Duncan's home. It was
very lightly attended by people for Elfsea.

There is only 2 full weeks left before we go! If you are going
and need any armor, please get with Raimond, myself, or the
Baron/Baroness. We need to get it done. We need ballista crews!
We have ballistas. We have ballista bolts. We have helms for
crews, but we don't have enough people signed up to run them.
What a shame it would be to have it ready to go and no one to
run it.

You can be a non-contact (really touch-kill at the Gulf Wars)
so you don't have to get hit. You can be a rapier fighter or
archer. You can be someone who would never consider fighting
heavy weapons, but you could make the difference in a ballista
crew.

If you can get the time off from work, please go. If it is
financially difficult, we have camperships to pay for your
site fees, we have groups cooking together who would be more
than happy to feed you in return for service, we have vehicles
that could transport you and your gear. We need all the people
from Elfsea that can make it to join us. It will be much more
fun with you than without you.

Caelin on Andrede
Seneschal to Lord and Lady Elfsea