ES - No Joke Folks

Adam Harrison concrete_donkey at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 13:08:09 PST 2001

I believe Raimond means hours.

  I'm almost certain that this is the castle visible
from I-20 near Thurbur, TX(which is roughly 1 1/2
hours away; also the website says 80 miles from Fort
Worth, which further suggests 1 1/2 hrs).  The website
also mentions the castle being on a 1200' mesa.  I
haven't measured anything at the castle near Thurbur,
but I do know it sits on a high mesa that could very
well be 1200ft...  I was under the assumption that it
was a private hunting club, and the information on the
website tends to affirm that it is indeed meant for
hunting.  What I didn't know was they would rent it
out to groups.

I have alot of family in Odessa so I drive by that
castle at least twice a year, and every time I look at
it and think "what a great place to hold an event."

-Bjorn