ES - This Saturday's Fighter Practice/Archery/Arts/Community meeting.....oh my!

Patrick Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Wed Jan 17 10:02:54 PST 2001

This Saturday (January 20th) Black Oak Keep will be having our monthly
meetings.
The actual meeting will be at 4:00pm at Phil and Karan's house (see
directions below) followed by a Cultural Pot Luck.  Bring a dish
from your persona's country/era/conquered lands, of origin.  Insect dishes
are frowned upon.

<<<<Angus has already assured us that he will not be making his fabulous
opossum haggis with shallots, rutabagas and truffles--there was much
rejoicing>>>>

Weather permitting we will have a erik set up for Chivalric and
Rapier fighting.  We are also moving the archery butts so those
missing will not have to brave the "Dreaded Copperhead Stock Tank
of Doom (tm)".  Fighter practice/Dance of the Baby Harp Seals will
begin at around 1:00.  Judging from the weather, this could be an
excellent opportunity to relive Angincourt.  Volunteers for the
French contingent will be cheerfully accepted.  Bring you own
towel  :)

It is my understanding that Katerina (no relation) has arranged
for a speaker.  Also people will be bringing their Arts and
Sciences projects to work on, get help with, show off, or just
plain wanting to know where to start.  Taya's class on the care
an feeding of Pomerantz's has been postponed until next month.
Everyone interested in forming a Siege Weapons unit, Woodworker's
Guild, Brewing Guild, Metalworkers/Jewelers Guild please attend
and bring your ideas.

Directions from Dallas:
Take you best route to I-30.  Follow I-30 east out of Dallas, over
Lake Ray Hubbard to Rockwall.  Take the Exit 68 (to Terrell/Lake
Tawakoni)Highway 205.  There will be a large T/A truck stop on the corner
<<please insert joke here>>.  Turn right at the light heading south
to the next light (about 50 yards away).  Turn left at this light.
You are now on Highway 276 to Fate, Union Valley, Quinlan, Lake
Tawakoni, and the cultural nexus of the eastern Metroplex.  Follow
276 about 20 miles to Quinlan.  276 will end at a "T" intersection
with Highway 34 (there will be a Dairy Queen in front of you).
Turn right and go through the next light (there are only two in
Quinlan)approximately 1 to 1 1/2 miles to Phil's house.  It will
be the second driveway past State Loop 264.

Directions from Lands North and East
Take your best route to 276 and 34 in Quinlan and follow the above
directions to Phil's.

The phone number at Phil's is 903-356-9053
My cell phone number is 972-679-2556
My home phone number is 903-356-4443
  If anyone gets lost along the way.

There is a map at:
http://www.egroups.com/files/blackoakkeep/philshouse.gif

P.S.  If you get pulled over by either a County Sheriff
or a city police officer, it will probably not be wise
to address him as "Bubba".