ES - Elfsea Mailing List

Spence Mabry Spence.Mabry at radioshack.com
Wed Jan 17 10:45:42 PST 2001

Greetings to all those on the list!

There have been several occurrences over the past few weeks of error
messages generated due to the list server not being able to send messages to
certain addresses which are (or were) subscribed to the Elfsea mailing list.
This occurs for each message that goes to the list, and happens for a number
of reasons:
  1)  The mailbox for the address that the server is attempting to deliver
to is full and cannot accept any more messages.
  2)  There is a problem with the recipient's ISP.
  3)  The recipient is no longer using that email address.
  4)  Or something else less apparent.

In any case, when this occurs, I get deluged with multiple messages telling
me that the message didn't get through to a particular address.

In the future, I will remove subscribers from the mailing list if I get any
of the error messages describe above concerning their email address for more
than 3 days running.  You will then have to resubscribe to the list or send
me a message to resubscribe you.

You can avoid this by checking your mail on a regular basis, so that your
mailbox does not get full, or unsubscribing from the list when you are no
longer going to be using the email address you are subscribed under.

Please email me if you have any questions.

Ceatta