ES - Gulf Wars Reservations

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 13:23:43 PST 2001

Wilim said:

>      Is somebody co-ordinating land at the war?

Funny that you should ask this.  Sometimes I think God plants little
SLEDGEHAMMERS in my head to remind me of things...

Yes, Arabella is the coordinator for the Central Region (or more
specifically Steppes, Elfsea, and the related Cantons).  Arabella, what are
we supposed to put on our forms for Group Name?

Also, preregistration needs to be done by January 31st.  My thought is
perhaps those who have not done it, could have their money & forms filled
out and we could send them in one fat envelope after January Moot (January
23rd if memory serves).

>      I'll be fighting/Shooting with the Arthurians as well as (if >time
>permits) shooting RR Archery and live steel.  What else is >a "Can't miss"?
>  (No Pun Intended)  Is there a list for >Kitchen/Encampment Co-ordination?

You will be considered Ansteorran most of the time, especially during the
awarding of points.  There are many types of points - the war points, the
volunteer points, the arts points, the archery/live weapons points, etc.
The only time you are considered "something else" is for the land
allocation.

I personally think there are few things you can't miss at the war, but if I
had list the ones to miss here's what you'd get:  dehydration,
back/joint/limb injuries, alcohol poisoning, exhaustion, and going broke.

Otherwise, there is nothing I'd really like to miss at the war.  There is
just too much though - take it easy, and try to focus on what matters most
to you, and then come back next year to do what you thought you missed.

About Food - Unfortunately, I have had 2 organizers back out on this
adventure.  No one seems to be interested in organizing food for over 100
people.  I think I am going to suggest that groups within the "Central
Region" camp do their own individual plans.  So if you have a group of
friends you'd like to do dinner with, or a household that likes to do
"Longship breakfasts", that might be the best.

>      We're slowly getting everything together for the Battle scene >type
>stuff but there's a lot of the behind the scenes stuff to worry >about.

'Fraid so.  More than half the people who are going to war will not be on
the battlefield with sword & shield (or spear, etc.)  They will be doing
lots of other things so that the people on the field can have a good (and
safe) time, as well as having fun in other (non-bashing) ways.

Any more questions? (monotone) Anyone.... anyone?

Ciao,
Alessandra ;)