ES - Stay Warm at War

Chris Harper bice at flash.net
Wed Jan 10 21:32:33 PST 2001

At 10:55 PM 1/10/01 -0600, you wrote:

>Wilim,

I agree with a lot of the things that Xene said but would like to add a
couple of notes.

Dana and I share a tent and neither one of us like to use a heater.  We
were at Gulf War when the temp went down to 16 and we were toasty warm.
Our secrets are:

The dead air space under the bed.
Blankets under you on the bed.
A down comforter UNDER and Over you, with a light blanket over that.  That
is all the cover I used and I slept in only a sleeveless, silky nightgown.
A little while after I went to sleep, I woke up feeling to hot and
uncovered for a few minutes.

I really thought Dana was crazy when she told me to sleep this way but I
had learned to trust her judgement.  As usual she was right. My husband
also agreed with her and he was raised in Montana, so he should know about
keeping warm.

Maybe if you take a little bit of info from each person, you will come out
alright.  Good luck and good sleeping.

Bicé