ES - the balancing act

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at home.com
Wed Jan 10 22:36:30 PST 2001

> Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can be in two places at once?

yes....... Make a decision which is more important.  Only go to one.

For my kids extra activities.......it's their activities...... sometimes I
can't make them, My activities (SCA) is important to me.  This is one of the
reasons I didn't support Lauren's desire to do the softball thing.  All of
her games would have fallen on the weekends and I wasn't willing to stop my
activity.  I basically said if it's a school activity I'll support it, but
only 1 at a time.  Band or Athletics... make a choice.

Many times if the kids have a function that interferes I'll ask another
parent in the activity to watch my kid, or spend the night.

By me not going sometimes...... it gives them a chance of having an activity
that truly belongs to them and not something we do together.

Besides Anthony should understand, he's grown up in the SCA..........
There's always the next game, too.
Drop him off and make arrangements with one of the other parents for him to
go home with them and send the night, next game you offer to do the same.
Remind them that they could have time to go to the beauty parlor, pamper
them selves and spend time with hubby while you are at the next game and the
other kid is spending the night with you.

Life is a cherry isn't it.