ES - the balancing act

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at home.com
Thu Jan 11 18:16:00 PST 2001

Xene here:

Thank you, Marion, for your unique viewpoint.  One of the reasons that
Llywelyn and I stepped down when we did was because we could foresee the
need for less SCA and more time to do things with both Anthony and Sam.  In
fact, we have been planning to take a short vacation, or at least limiting
our involvement during the next reign or two to nearby events.

I know what the right decision is, but I just didn't want to make it.
Jovian has already let me know that he understands that I must put family
first.  He *is* a gentleman and a Peer.  I am glad that our wise Crown is
recognizing this publicly and hope that you all cheer loudly for me.

I have been playing in the SCA since 1978.  I couldn't tell you if someone
missed a Coronation 10 years ago.  I couldn't tell you if someone missed one
last year.  But I do remember that my Dad, the band Director, chose not to
attend one some of my concerts and performances.

As Marion says below, the children only have one chance to grow up and I
want to be a part of it.

Thank you all for listening to my dilemma and thinking about alternatives.

Peace and Joy to you all.

Xene