ES - 12th Night Letter from Steppes

Kellie Hardy khemail at swbell.net
Mon Jan 8 20:35:39 PST 2001

Greetings, all good folk in Steppes, and Her friends and neighbors,
What a glorious night, indeed!  Steppes Twelfth Night was a grand time
for everyone who attended, and His Excellency and I were so proud of
everyone who did so much to make it a rousing success again this year.
Ly. Isabel will, we are sure, send out a thank-you letter to her staff
and all those who volunteered their time and talent, but we want to add
our words of gratitude as well.  Ly. Isabel did a fine job as event
steward, Ly. Brigit made a wonderful feast steward, the Fray were lovely
scullery maids.  Ly. Elspeth, HL Borek, Ld. John, Ly. Mary Elizabeth, HE
Adelicia, HL Suzanna, Mistress Kalida, Ld. Patric, Ly. Aimee, Ly.
Chiara, Ly. Mereddud, Ld. Erc, Ld. Alasdair, Ld. William, Ly. Muireann
and the C&I Guild, Ly. Guiliana, Ld. Philo, Ly. Anna, Ly. Christant, Ld.
Aidan, Shannara, Mike, Countess Sara, Ld. Colin, Vincenzo, Nuala, Ly.
Adriana, Ly. Margarite, Don Duncan, Mistress Genevieve, and many we are
sure we have missed at the moment, thank you all so much. We deeply
appreciate your enthusiasm.
The Steppes and her Cantons proved again what leaders we have in this
Kingdom; among the awards given by Their Majesties were the elevation of
Genevieve de Courtanveaux to the Order of the Laurel,--triple VIVAT!
Don Duncan received his Star of Merit, Ly. Francesca her Sable Crane,
Julianna Vertue her Iris of Merit.  Ld. Llew was recognized with the
Sable Comet of Ansteorra, Ly. Katya, Ly. Brigit, Ly. Isolde, HL Borek
and Ly. Brigit OShaunnessey all were awarded the Sable Thistle.  Awards
of Arms were earned by Ly. Marjory Macrae, Ld. Cyniric Cynwarding, Ly.
Caitlin OReilleigh, Ly. Gabrielle Renee de Bernard, Ly. Isobetta de
Madonna Felice, Ld. Angus of Black Oak Keep, Ld. Owen Hell and  Ly.
Brenna Beldane.  The Companion to the Order of the Oak of the Steppes
was conferred upon Ld. Erc Fitzmungo and Ld. Agiwulf the Loud, two of
the staunchest supporters this Barony could have.  Our Baronial Guard
now includes Don Sebastian Eton Frobishire, Ly. Chiara Francesca
d'Onofrio, Ld. Agiwulf the Loud, Ld. Patric de Loncouer, Ld. William
Ironwyrm, Ld. Kael, and Andre Sansovino, Rising Star.  These fine people
represent Their Excellencies personally whenever you see them wearing
their new and very handsome baldrics.  We are proud of them.

Whew!  Steppes Rocks (to coin a 20th century phrase)!!!  We were also
pleased to be able to host Ansteorra's Eisteddfud, where we heard much
outstanding bardic work, and congratulate Ly. Eleanor Fairchild on
winning the difficult competition to become Premier Bard of Ansteorra!
There was beautiful dancing by Lindenwood's Middle Eastern Dance Guild,
the Out of Steppes Dancers, and by Duchess Larissa's Middle Eastern
dance group.  We enjoyed all of the entertainment.  We were overwhelmed
by the beautiful costuming and lovely table decor which made the hall a
joy to behold.
A special thank you to House Arkham, who bequeathed the Barony a
wonderful ballista, named the Red Headed Steppes Child.  Her Excellency
will be a menace to the Trimarins behind that and her cross-bow--thank
you to Arkham for our bolts, arrows, quivers and bow.  Lindenwood
graciously tithed the Barony also, with trophies from the hunt.  We look
forward to sharing the bounty of the lands we hold with all of you in
the near future.  Thank you, Lindenwood.
All in all, we had a marvelous time and hope you did too.

Our Wishes to all of you for safe, happy and healthy days ahead.  See
you all at Lindenwood's Border Wars, and then at WAR!

In service to Ansteorra and the Steppes,

Fritz and Catrin
Lord and Lady Steppes