ES - A joint demo with the Steppes...

Christine Huse maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 11:05:13 PST 2001

Buenos Dias!

For those that were not at Moot...

There will be a demo at the North Texas Irish Festival the weekend of March
3-4 at the Dallas Fair Park. Now I know that is the weekend of Crown
Tourney, but I know that many will not be able to make it for 1 reason or
another. For those that will not make Crown Tourney, I encourage you to come
help with this demo.

Why?  Last year more than 20,000 people bought tickets for the festival.
People from all over come to listen to good music, shop and just to be
entertained in general. This is a great oppurtunity to tell people that we
exist! The Civil War Re-enactment group is out there every year. They said
that with the static demo they do, they get new recruits each year.

We won't be doing a static demo, but a full-blown demo! We have a prime spot
where everyone can see us. Not to mention the fact that I am currently
working on a write up for the SCMA's newsletter (these are the people
sponsoring NTIF), but I'm also trying to get ahold of the lady in charge of
public relations (ie. we get free tv coverage).

So far I have 2 volunteers:

Lord Padraig
Lord Phelippe

I will be there off and on (I work the fest, so I can only be there
sporadically during the weekend).

Their Excellancies of the Steppes, wnats not only fighter but people who can
help work the crowd. Bards, Artisans, Fighters, people who would like to
help with children's activities, etc. They will be making tokens to give to
our spectators. Also, Phelippe has agreed to print out general handouts with
the Steppes' and Elfsea's information.

If you are interested, please let me know and I will send your info to the
coordinator of this demo! Let's show our support to The Steppes and help
them with this demo.

In Service,
Maria