ES - Passage at Arms and Archers

Christine Huse maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 15:38:57 PST 2001

Buenos Dias!

It seems as though I have stirred up some controversy over saying that we
might have Passage of Arms at a public park in Arlington.

Thank you to His Excellancy and Caelin for defending my writings. Innes, I
am doing everything in my power to make sure this Passage of Arms is fun for
everyone, including the archers. When I turned in my bid, your concern was
the first concern expressed by all the officers concerning archery and the
use of the park system.  I apologize to anyone, if I have caused any
confusion regarding archery in PoA.

Before the holidays started, I did contact the city of Arlington about
potentially holding our event there. The lady (Laura) I have been talking to
is in charge of the reservations and regulations of the public parks. I
asked her about having target archery at the public parks. I was told by
Laura that yes we could in fact hold an archery shoot as long as we sign a
release stating that should we harm a patron of the park during our event
that the city will not be held liable.

I will be trying to contact her again after I am sure where we want to hold
this event. At that time I will discuss with her the possibility about
holding archery practice at Randol Mill on a regular basis.

In Service
Maria