[Elfsea] New: training new autocrats

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Tue Jul 3 09:27:04 PDT 2001

Good thought, but there are three problems with that. One: the BOD has
been fairly restrictive about publishing information about people
online or in documents available to the public. We could possibly
do it with appropriate releases.

Second: The warranting information is very perishable. Certs expire
and warrants are resigned 4 times a year. In an online document that
could be (but might not be) updated, but in a printed document it
cannot be kept up to date.

Third: This might be taken as an endorsement by the SCA of the person
or the skills of the person. This would increase the SCA's liability
for their actions.

Being the seneschal wet blanket,
Caelin