[Elfsea] ALERT SARCW32 Virus!!!

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Thu Jul 26 08:52:43 PDT 2001

Thanks for the follow up. I got 4 copies of it from you this morning
(although I didn't get infected) and was just about to try getting in touch
with you. I'm glad you were already aware of it and posted a link to the
anecdote. :-) By the way, over this last week, I've received this same virus
in 3 or more emails per day, each day from other folks. I can't always tell
where it's coming from though. Could be business contacts or SCA'ers, or
both.

To the populace in general, the relatively low cost of virus detection
software is a small insurance premium compared to the aggravation of getting
hit and sharing it with our friends. But also be sure to keep your virus
definitions files up-to-date. Please don't anyone think it can't happen to
you, or think to yourself, "I know how to use my computer safely, I never
open attachments, etc." It happens to even the most experienced of computer
users. Otherwise, these things wouldn't spread so far and fast.

-=Armand=-
Elfsea Virtual Scribe