[Elfsea] The Ants of Elfse

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Tue Jul 31 19:08:12 PDT 2001

At the risk of seeming obnoxious, I can't bear to think
that there might be someone on the list who doesn't
know who the lady who wrote of her pride in the work
put in by so many Elfsea folk to earn the award of the
Ants of Elfsea.

Aine Robyn Murchadha is the Baroness Elfsea, Elfsea's
Founding Baroness, and before that Seneschal of the
Shire of Elfsea.  We've been seeing more of her lately
at Steppes and Elfsea activities, and I hope you will
all take the opportunity to meet her, and make her feel
welcome.

Galen
Baron _of_ Elfsea

Quoting Baroness Aine Robyn Murchadha
<ainemurchadha at earthlink.net>:

> --
> The idea for the "Ants of Elfsea" was a product of
the many many many hours
> of manual labor that were performed by the members of
the shire then barony
> of Elfsea on the old Weatherford site.  Many Elfsea
members spent countless
> hours digging out tree stumps, clearing brush,
thorns, poison ivy, digging
> latrines & building showers.  Then there were those
support people who
> toted, fetched, carried, and fed the masses.  And
somewhere in the middle
> of all that we found time to make numerous banners,
host countless kingdom
> events & feasts, and become a barony to boot.  What a
busy group we were.
> And I was and still am proud of each and every one of
those members.