[Elfsea] candlemaking from beeswax & etc.

Rhonda New rbnew at ftw.nrcs.usda.gov
Tue Jul 10 12:29:36 PDT 2001

Using an appropriate containter, fill it with sand, make a deep
"impression" of the desired mold into the sand, fill the impression
with the wax.  The beeswax will come out of said containter
successfully, although with a little sand attached.  The sand can
be scraped off or left on the candle.  Hint:  Ornaments (jewels,
beads, etc. pressed into the sides of the impression will stick to
the candle as well.

/Ly Elizabeth Hawkwood
(who spent many a younger year on Padre Island making
sand candles...)