[Elfsea] Back to normal now

S. McFarlane tanwyn at flash.net
Fri Jul 27 09:29:26 PDT 2001

Greetings everyone!

I finally after a VERY Stressful day yesterday have my system fixed. The
second wave of attachment Viruses that went out yesterday were from the kids
game machine, which I forgot was networked with file sharing to my machine,
So.....I kept scanning as clean, while the little monster in the background
was still reeking havoc. With many thanks to Ld. Carell MacDomnell, I went
through the whole SYSTEM( you know the scary places you don't go to on your
computer) to make sure this was completely removed. The other computer is
off the network and needs a new Hard drive anyway. LOL

I 'm sorry if anyone else was infected by this.    ;o(   It was a very
tricky little virus, It actually pulled files from My Docs that everyone
would have thought I would have sent out anyway.  "A&S", "Gift  List" . The
Nerve of IT!

Any way ...if you did attempt to open it... PLEASE run the fix from the
Norton site on your machine. The damage doesn't show up right away,
But it associates it self with .doc files, jpgs ... things like that so when
you use them there goes the neighborhood! and if it's not COMPLETELY removed
from your system,(it copies itself in all sorts of places) It has a date
trigger of Oct 16th. and at that point wipe out your C drive. for more
Technical info refer to Norton or Macafee site. A technical person I am not!

When I first got this on Mon,  I did not think I had it my virus detector
missed it ....and my update was only a month old!
So please update your files too!

Ok I'm sorry., for rambling. I most defiantly have taken up enough
bandwidth in the last 2 days!  ;o)

going back to work now.......
Tanwyn~