[Elfsea] awards & insignia

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 14:27:48 PDT 2001

I don't think there is a link regarding the differences in the Baronial
awards.

However, the difference between the Azure Keystone & the Baronial
Portcullis, is that the Azure Keystone is an armigerous award (carries the
same rank as an Award of Arms), and requires the signatures of the King &
Queen.  It is _usually_ held in more esteem than a non-armigerous award
(like the Portcullis), and usually awarded for great service to the Barony.

The Elfsea Portcullis is what is occasionally referred to as a "cookie"
award - a little pat on the back, "hey we're so glad you are here and do
this for us".  People who are awarded the Portcullis though have often
received Keystones, especially if they really love helping our Barony to
grow and improve.

Atsa my 2000 lire! (less than $.02)

Alessandra
(who is not a herald, but her husband plays one on TV);)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary