[Elfsea] Bardic

Agnarr Thorvaldsson agnarr at apex2000.net
Sat Jun 2 18:54:32 PDT 2001

>I am making some fake icons. I need to know what kind of finish should I
>put on them- satin, semi-gloss or gloss? I have seen real icons but for
>the life of me I don't remember the finish. Gloss doesn't seem right.
>
>Thank  you
>Willow

Your Grace,

The type of finish that your most likely looking for is a satin type of polyurethane finish.  The polyurethane will protect your "icons" and still have a non-shiny type of finish.  Unless of course you want something that has a shiny coating, then I would suggest that you use a gloss.

You can get this sealer in a spray can as well as a brush-on version. and there are several fast drying types on the market as well.  (it will be dry in a couple of hours vs. a day or more for the regular drying time.)  U

Unless you want to go to a handrubbed type of finish.  This hand rubbed oil finish was the way that most period wood projects were protected from the elements if they were given any protective coating at all.

Hope this helps.

HL Agnarr Thorvaldsson