[Elfsea] Wet-dry vac or steam cleaner

Matthew G. Saroff msaroff at pcans1.pca.net
Thu Jun 14 12:51:13 PDT 2001

Hi,
	If someone has a wet/dry vac or one of those rug cleaning machines
that we can borrow, please drop me, or preferably Sindara
(sinsara at pobox.com) a line.  It will help with our cleaning (particularly
the cat room) before we leave.

--
Matthew G. Saroff
Lobster:
        Everyone loves these delectable crustaceans, but many cooks are
squeamish about placing them into boiling water alive, which is the only
proper method of preparing them.  Frankly, the easiest way to eliminate
your guilt is to establish theirs by putting them on trial before they're
cooked.  The fact is, lobsters are among the most ferocious predators on
the sea floor, and you're helping reduce crime in the reefs.  Grasp the
lobster behind the head, look it right in its unmistakably guilty
eyestalks and say, "Where were you on the night of the 21st?", then
flourish a picture of a scallop or a sole and shout, "Perhaps this will
refresh that crude neural apparatus you call a memory!"  The lobster will
squirm noticeably.  It may even take a swipe at you with one of its claws.
Incorrigible.  Pop it into the pot. Justice has been served, and shortly
you and your friends will be, too.
                -- "Cooking: The Art of Using Appliances and Utensils
                   into Excuses and Apologies"