[Elfsea] Age -- WAS Name that SCAdian

Christine Huse maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 14:59:38 PDT 2001

Ah, too true!

In high school, I (at age 17) watched 4 of my closest friends die in a car
accident when we were coming back from a party (I was in another car behind
them). That night I lost my innocence as I held Christy (she was 16) as she
called for her "mommy". I will never forget the look on her face though when
she saw her grandmother (she had passed away the year before). She became
utterly at peace and looked at me and said "Grandma said I have to go home.
Tell Mom and Dad I love them." Then she left this earth.

I know that's a really sad tale and I haven't talked about it since the
night it happened.

However, after that experiance, I look forward to the day that I watch my
children grow into adults themselves and get to hold everyone of my grand
children and at the very least my first great grandchild. I look forward to
each life born into this world and watching it grow and mature.

Age doesn't scare me and I look forward to each year to see what that year
will bring me. I think of everyday as a surprise gift from a doting
grandma...You know...you never know what to expect, but you know that you
will like it! :-)

Life is a precious miracle.

Padraig, you are right...we should say thank you everyday we wake up.

But you have to admit, teasing each other is alot of fun! :-)

Maria