[Elfsea] Thursday Fighter Practice

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Fri Jun 15 12:55:04 PDT 2001

I really enjoyed the practice there last night. We only used one area for a
single pair of fighters at a time, but Ivan assured us we could move things
around a bit. It would then easily accommodate at least two more pairings,
possibly even enough room for a bit of Arthurian melee practice. In fact the
idea of a mini-event/tourney was mentioned. As for likes/dislikes"

Likes: It was well lit, was dry, had several fans available for cooling off
and it's big enough to allow fighters to move around somewhat (more so than
at my place). (And, of course, it's closer to my home than any other venue
so far.)

Dislikes: Not really any to speak of. It's a paintball place, so there's
paintball residue everywhere in the combat area. It kinda discourages going
to knees if your legged. I did though and didn't get terribly messy. But I
doubt I'll do a complete fall-to-the-ground death there. Until Ivan gets
some netting up, we have to stop for a few minutes when the paintballers are
active in another section of the warehouse. There's no real danger, but
there are a few places where a stray shot could get through to our side. The
paintballers are finished pretty quick though, so it's not much of an
inconvenience.

All-in-all, I thought it was great. And Ivan seems real excited about
getting active again! I hope to see even more fighters there next week.

-=Armand=-