[Elfsea] Name that SCAdian

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at Home.com
Mon Jun 25 13:49:11 PDT 2001

Xene here,

Yes, most of the freon helms were gone by 1984, but not forgotten.  Nor the
concussions that some people got from them.

I'm just another dinosaur who used to go by the name Xaraxeena Tyan del
Allyntia (document a name?  What's that?  Just find something cool sounding
and change the spelling!)Original name of Bryn Glwad?  Wasn't it a household
name that Sir Andeleon was in?  Started with a "P"... Where did I put those
files....?

Memories of 1979.  Carpet Armor, Making Freon Helms at Master Gwylim's
shop....patching the GP Medium Tent that the Blue Bottle Tavern was in.
Xaraxeena got her AOA at Candlemas en mass with about 10 other people, Bryn
Gwlad became a Barony, Ansteorra became a Kingdom, Bryn Gwlad hosting the
first Crown Tourney, watching Seanna de Fraser and Vargskol Halfblood become
the first Baron and Baroness of Bryn Gwlad.  Remembering all the broken
swords being hung over the listfield ropes by Viscount Sir Randall during
one of the final rounds.  Holding little Zane, Simonn and Tessa's youngest
baby - now in the Corps of Cadets at Texas A & M, or has he graduated yet?

The separate coronations of Jonathan and Willow.  The one for Jonathan was
in Elfsea, I believe, in June, on a hot, hot, hot day. Too few privies for
too many people. No shade. Stepping down court of Simonn and Tessa we all
dressed in black.  They simulated dying and were carried out on stretchers.
We were almost swooning in the heat.  Blackfox piped them out.  We cried.

Later, Simonn and Tessa relaxing under a shade with Nerak, Melusine, Seanna,
myself and others feeding them cool grapes and laughing........

Sweet Memories....

Now, if I could just remember what I did yesterday.....:)

Another dinosaur, signing off.
Xene