[Elfsea] AoA & Memberships

Wilim Penbras wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Fri Jun 29 08:46:30 PDT 2001

<Wilim puts on his Herldic Hat, Deputy Senschal Coat, and husband of the Historian Glasses>

While in many kingdoms it is customary for people to have a device registered so that their AoA Scroll can include thier "Arms" they are usually given a 'placeholder' scroll while the scroll with thier Arms is done.  This is not done in Ansteorra and we have generic scrolls for most awards and a scroll with your Arms on it has to be commissioned seperately.

Many Kingdoms also still have a pay-to-play setup where in addition to requiring membership for Offices and Warranted positions you either must have a membership or pay extra to Fight.  Ansteorra, again, doesn't do this, you only have to have a membership to hold office or a warranted position.

It may that the person she spoke to was from Out-of-Kingdom or simply mis-informed.  Most assuradly though in Ansteorra you just need a willing heart and spend time volunteering and 'showing your stuff' to get an AoA.

Wilim Penbras