[Elfsea] Next Summer Mom and Dad's Club Trip

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at home.com
Thu Jun 21 23:17:06 PDT 2001

Greetings to all, sorry this is very long! Print it for referance.

Boy oh boy will this be fun.  The next Mom and Dad's Club trip on June 26th
will be a trip on the T and Dart light rail system into down town Dallas and
then to the Dallas Zoo.

Wear very comfortable running or athletic shoes, with good arch support,
with clean socks, (lots and lots of walking) comfy shorts and tie-dye
t-shirt, and sunscreen.

Everyone should have in his or her own backpack:
A water bottle, we can refill at the water fountains, their sack lunch, a
pocket camera if desired, and a towel if we choose to sit in the grass for
lunch.

I will encourage parents not to offer to carry things for the kids
especially if they have their own backpack.  We will be traveling by foot
and train all day long, unless you meet us at the Zoo.  Bring only what you
want to carry.  We should be arriving at the zoo at or about 10:00 a.m.

Unless anyone has any objections, this is the agenda:
Meet together at the DFW Airport train station at 8:30 a.m.  (This early to
make sure everyone who wants to go will make it at the same time and it will
get HOT very fast.) We cannot wait for people who are late.  (I am guilty of
this I will make sure I am there on time.)  DIRECTIONS BELOW:

Take the 9:00 a.m. DFW CentrePort Comm. train to Dallas - Trinity Rail Way
Express - east bound
Arrive 9:29 a.m. @ the Union Station
Take the 9:45 a.m. from Union Station to the Zoo rail station - Red line -
south bound
Arrive 9:56 a.m. at the Zoo rail station

The Dallas Zoo is across the street from the Zoo Rail Station.

We will be at the Dallas Zoo from about 10:00 a.m. until wrap up about 2:30
P.M.

Take the 3:17 p.m. from the Zoo rail station - Red line - north bound
Arrive at 3:28 @ the Union Station
Take the 4:00 p.m. Union Station train to Ft. Worth - Trinity Railway
Express - west bound
Arrive 4:30 p.m.@ the DFW CentrePort Comm. Rail Station

Costs:
Round trip cost for train - Adult 4.00, child ages 5-18, 1.00
(As provided by Valeria):
Dallas Zoo admission: Adults (over 12) $7.00; Children (3-11) $4.00, Under 2
free
No group rates available for us.
Parking at the zoo is $4.00 if you drive.

Anyone who wishes to attend and hang with us is welcome to come.  Just
remember there will be lots of screaming kids.  I have extra (my personal)
tie-dye shirts if you don't have one and would like to borrow one.  Contact
me if you need some.

Directions to DFW CentrePort Comm. Train station or you can check the web
site - http://www.trinityrailwayexpress.org and click on the CentrePort/DFW
link
360 to Trinity Blvd turn east
Trinity Blvd to CentrePort Drive right or south
CentrePort Drive curves into Statler Blvd the train station is on the right

Any questions? - Arabella - 817-467-6959