ANST-Announce - 25th Annual Medieval Faire--Norman, OK

Annais de Montgomerie maleahladywait at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 20:06:37 PST 2001

Greetings and Salutations,

Namron will again be participating in the University
of Oklahoma Medieval Faire.  This year marks the 25th
Anniversary of this event.  And once again we ask
those of you who are able and willing to come help us
with this demo.

If you have never been to the Medieval Faire, we
encourage you to come and participate and share the
fun.

The dates are April 6, 7 and 8 (Friday, Saturday and
Sunday) from 10 am to 7 pm (Fri and Sat) and from 10
am to 6 pm on Sunday.

There will be fighting, both chivalric and rapier;
dancing, both courtly and Middle Eastern; arts and
sciences, both static and performing; and fun, both
high and low.  (God help us)

We will be talking to the crowds about who we are and
what we do for fun.  With attendance in the tens of
thousands, more than Namron can benefit from this
demo. (Hint hint)

Since this is the largest demo in Northern Ansteorra,
we are asking for all who come to remember that this
is a demonstration of what we do on the weekends.  A
vingette if you will.  A picture postcard of life in
the Middle Ages, and how we recreate that atmosphere
and the ideals of this time in history.

For those of you who will be travelling from further
away than the OKC Metro area, there is crash space
available.  Also, parking passes will be available
again this year.  Parking passes are only available if
you contact me before Monday, March 26th, limited
availability, ya know.  If you are interested in
either or both, please contact me at
dschuma at email.fleming.com instead of this address or
(405) 722-8198 (please leave message with man voice).

As usual, there will be a revel on Saturday night.  It
will be at the American Legion Hall on Main Street in
Norman.  The revel is pot luck, please bring what you
are able. More information will be available at the
Faire.

We would love to see each and everyone one of you
there!

Hugs and kisses,
Annais de Montgomerie
(wondering why she volunteered for this a third time)