ES - Got Welsh?

Wilim Penbras wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Thu Mar 1 12:12:41 PST 2001

Good Day,
     As their Excellencies pointed out today is the Day of our own Dewi Sant.  Died on this day 1400 years ago at the spry age of 147 years.
     It's said the leeks were worn in battle against the Saxons so we'd know who to kill.  Some say it was Dewi some say it was Cadwallader who had the idea.  Personally I say a good Welshman should be able to spot a Saxon a mile away and save the leeks for supper.

In Service,
     Wilim Penbras

Postscript:  While both are strong, age old Welsh traditions, St. David's Day wasn't recognized as a National holiday in Wales until the 18th Century.  Before that it was purely a religious holiday.