ES - Possilbe Ride to Gulf Wars

Sluggy! slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Sat Mar 3 23:48:08 PST 2001

Greetings, all!

As some of you may be aware, I have been spending pretty much every
waking moment preparing my old house for sale. This is why I have been
absent from a number of events and functions of late.

I had valid fears that this work might preclude my attendance at Gulf
War, but unless something goes drastically wrong in the next few days, I
will be able to go!

Now for the maybe-bad news. There is a bit of house related mundane
business that I must attend to Monday morning, the 12th. Trouble is, the
original plan calls for my lovely lady and I to leave either late
Saturday night or early Sunday morning and for various reason too dull
to detail here, it makes the most sense for her schedule to persist.

If I can't reschedule this mundane business away from Gulf War dates, I
will need to beg a ride from someone, preferably someone leaving on
Monday. I will gladly pay for half the fuel, am willing to spell the
driver, should only need to carry an overnight size bag and will not
need a ride back (unless I were to do something un-Sluggy-like to the
irritation of above mentioned lovely lady!)

If I understand the schedule correctly, I should be finished with this
mundanity (which rhymes with insanity) by or probably before noon on
Monday. I also hope to drop my company truck at the shop for long
overdue work and either arrange to be picked up at the Ford dealership
at 820 and Rufe Snow or arrange a ride to whatever departure point.

Of course, with a little luck, the entire issue will go away, but I am
posting this appeal just in case it doesn't. I should know for sure by
Wednesday or so of week.

Thanks for your consideration,

Sluggy!