[Elfsea] Re: ANST-Announce - Great Demo Opportunity...

M. E. Krippel laisse at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 10:33:16 PDT 2001

 I'm all for it.  I may be new, but I'm happy to help however I can.  Grapevine Mills isn't far from where I live, so I can be one of the people to set up if needed.

Merean

  baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org wrote:

On doing a demo for the opening of "A Knight's Tale" in
Theatres, on May 11th or 12th...

Sorry, Allessandra's wrong, Guardian of the Tor (don't
miss it!) is the following weekend. No conflict there.

Jengjen is right, parking lots are fine for fighting,
if we can rope off some space. I did it at Excalibur
when it opened, all those years ago. I also recall
taking part in a demo for the opening of "The Princess
Bride".

Maria, as Hospitaller, is this something you'd like to
take charge of, please? I like the idea of doing this
at Grapevine Mills jointly with the Steppes. Will you
contact them and also the theatre? We could do Sat.
morning, but my preference would be Friday evening.
Perhaps the news media would be interested, as well.

We'll need:
- some sort of brochure with contact info for both
groups (we'd want that for the Scottish Festival soon
anyway)
- a table at which to answer questions and have people
sign up to receive more information
- some sort of traffic cones and/or list ropes
(Steppes' freestanding list poles would be ideal for
this, on pavement)
- and of course, fighters and people to put on the
show.

Sounds like a blast to me! Who's for it?!

- Galen of Bristol

"Reality is a figment of my imagination"
"Omnia mutantur:  All things change"