[Elfsea] Another graduate

Sue Dittrich dittrich at flash.net
Thu May 10 14:17:14 PDT 2001

Congratualtions Lavina!!
    It's not the time that counts, it's the fact that you are done and you
ARE graduating!  Part time is better than no time.  Education is worth every
second (and dollar!) spent slaving over the computer, lab bench and library
table.
    And congrats, Phillip! A double degree with honors...wow.  My hat's off
to you.
    And I have news to announce as well.  I will be graduating from Baylor
College of Dentistry with my Doctor of Dental Surgery degree on June 3,
2001.  It has been a LONG and stressful four years, with the culmination of
it all happening last weekend with the Western Regional Examining Boards to
get my license to practice dentistry in Texas.  I will know the results in
four weeks .  Thanks for all the support from all of my good friends who
continued to ask "Where's Genevieve?" and understood why I had to do lab
work instead of going to an event.  I'm hoping to play a little more now
that things are quieting down.
    Again, congratulations to all the new graduates!!  Learning lasts a
lifetime....

Genevieve del Gamba

I want to say that I, too, will be graduating this Saturday.  I will be
earning my B.S. in Sociology from Texas Woman's University.  Although I may
not be graduating with any type of honors (Congratulations by the way
Philip!), I will have managed to earn a (4 years) bachelors degree in 12
(yes that's 12 LLOOONNNGGG YEARS!) years.  I went part-time every single
semester except Fall, 1991, Spring, 1999 and Spring, 2000 (all due to
medical reasons).

What is so amazing is that I didn't throw in the towel.  How ANYONE can work
full-time, have a spouse, a young child and go to college part-time is
beyond me (and not forgetting that I am also heavily involved in the SCA).

So, to all of the graduating seniors in the Central Region - I say
CONGRATULATIONS!!

And now back to your regularly scheduled list-serve.

Lavina
(who is VERY relieved that this madness is over!)