[Elfsea] [Ansteorra-archery] Academy of the Bow site

Wilim Penbras wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Wed May 2 06:57:45 PDT 2001

After much deliberation a final site has been chosen for AoB.  It will be held at Camp Burnett in Southlake.  It's about 15 minutes north of DFW.  The Address is 3301 North White Chapel Blvd, Southlake, TX 76092.  There is space for camping in the woods that will hold about 60 mundane tents.  There is another camping area in a small clearing that should hold another 30 or more.  Then there are some overflow areas for Camping and parking.  Water is located at each campsite as well as at the listfield/range area.  Electricity is centrally located by the list area but there is space for some camping there as well.  There are a couple of Flushies but no showers.  We will also have a few portalets as well.

I enjoyed Tanglewood and we did go around and mark half a dozen trees that had to go, so the next event to be held there should have a better time driving the loop.  They have plans for water at least to the list area soon.  It is a good site.  It's simply more site than AoB needs.

We are still looking for volunteers to coordinate things and instructors for classes.  Please let me know if there are any classes you wish to see or any you wish to teach.

In Service,
     Billy Fathead